Background & motivation
Simona Farrise has established herself as among the top lawyers in the country. In 2007, she founded the Farrise Firm, P.C. The firm was started in California with offices in Oakland and Los Angeles. The Firm’s mission is broad with a vision focused on great service to the “three Cs” – Clients, Colleagues, and Community – because we know that collectively we can accomplish so much more than our individual efforts could produce. Our vision sees that “everything is impossible until someone makes it possible.” We intend to make possible many otherwise impossible things.
Prior to the exciting launch of the Farrise Firm, Simona Farrise was a principal and co-managing partner with one of the nation’s premier plaintiffs toxic tort and product liability law firms. Ms. Farrise is a sought after national public speaker on a variety of legal topics.
Ms. Farrise’s years of practice have primarily involved representing plaintiffs diagnosed with asbestos-related terminal cancer. In addition to asbestos cases, Ms. Farrise has litigated other complex products liability cases as well as insurance bad faith actions. More recently, Ms. Farrise has been co-counsel with Equal Rights Advocates in a landmark class action employment case alleging sexual harassment, hostile work environment, and wage and hour violations for the approximately 2000 person workforce at the Thunder Valley Casino located north of Sacramento, California.
In the asbestos field, Ms. Farrise has litigated a number of low dose, take-home, female and other non-conventional asbestos exposure cancer cases. She has tried to verdict cases solely alleging premises liability and proven for purposes of triggering a legal duty to protect workers and consumers that the toxic dangers of asbestos were known by industry by 1941. Notably, Ms. Farrise achieved a verdict in excess of $20 million for a woman suffering from mesothelioma who was exposed as a child to asbestos fibers from a lumber yard that were brought home on her father’s work clothing, and was additionally exposed to asbestos fibers released from non-friable flooring in her family’s childhood home.
LL.M in Social Justice, University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law -2005
J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law -1993
2016 Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles (CAALA) trial lawyer of the year for the fourth time
Northern California SuperLawyer, for 12 consecutive years,Thomas Reuters Legal
Southern California SuperLawyer, 2011 through 2016, Thomas Reuters Legal
Publications, Presentations, and Reported decisions
MAJOR MATTERS SIMONA FARRISE WAS LEAD COUNSEL ON:
1. Liu v. Janssen Research & Development, LLC ($8 Million), Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. BC432264 – October 16, 2015
2. Medina v. BorgWarner, Inc. ($39.89 Million), Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. BC 432930 – Aug. 14, 2013
3. Keeney v. John Crane, Inc. ($5.55 million), Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. BC 457255 – Jan. 27, 2012
4. Radford v. BAE Systems, San Francisco Superior Court, Case No. CGC-09-488061
5. Farag v. Ford Motor Company ($4.35 million), Los Angeles Sup. Court, Case No. BC431525 – Dec. 13, 2010
6. Harrell v. Ford Motor Company ($1.6 million), Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No BC423696 – August 12, 2010
7. Stewart v. Union Carbide Corporation ($9.20 million), Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. BC384224 – November 18, 2008
8. Shahabi v. Fluor Corporation ($14.87 million), Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. BC 379085 – August 2008
9. Karen Peterson and Jeffrey Peterson v. Hill Brothers Chemical Corp. ($20+ million), Alameda County California Superior Court, Case No. 2001-031817 – 2002